Saturday, June 16, 2012

Perspective

Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”

Recently, I asked for prayer for God to open my eyes on how to use all our family's medical needs for His glory, instead of me whining about how much money it's costing and what I'm missing out on because I can't spend that money on other things - like a second car, or a 'real' vacation, etc. A very kind lady told me that God was already opening my eyes, and that is true, to a certain extent.

Unfortunately, I'm still a very self-involved person, and when I see people taking vacations when we haven't had one, sending their kids to college while I'm still taking mine to the doctor, or looking out at our ONE car when everybody else has two, or (gasp) even three or more - I get upset! I'm supposed to be content, but I'm jealous!

So often, when God speaks to me, He uses scripture that I have 'hidden in my heart'. Lately, I have been thinking about Peter in John 21, where Jesus told him to feed His sheep, but Peter turned around and pointed out another guy and wanted to know what that guy was supposed to do. However, Jesus told Peter not to worry about what the other guy was supposed to do. He told him concentrate on what I (Jesus) want you to do. 

That is what God is telling me - stop looking at what other people are doing/having/going and go/do/have what I am telling YOU. Right now, that's cancer, chemo, and multiple doctor visits for my family. Why? God isn't going to answer that, He just wants me to walk this path - I HAVE to walk this path, I don't have a choice. The only choice I have is my attitude. Ouch!

2 comments:

  1. You are blessing people through this already! If you need or want anything that Doug or I can do just ask! I'll do whatever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Darlene, we will be calling when we need you. In fact, Cara may be calling soon - she wants go to the library but I won't have any time until Thursday, and that's if I'm feeling well enough after the first chemo treatment. Oh, and she said you were going to take her to see a movie - she saw the first two this past week. :)

    ReplyDelete