Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Haircut Day

Just before my haircut
My Hubby and I - 1988
Today, a sweet lady who, despite living a hard life, has a very tender heart and  gave me a cute short haircut. This new hairstyle will better suit me for when I will lose all of my hair from the chemotherapy treatments.

My daughter, Cara, age 13


I have had very long hair for most of my life. In fact, it has not been shorter than my shoulders since I can remember! To make a positive out of a negative, I sent my long ponytail to Locks of Love, an organization that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair due to illness. 

Me - June 19, 2012


Amazingly enough, my daughter donated her own hair a few years ago to an organization that makes wigs for women who have had cancer and lost their hair through chemotherapy. It's a nice thought to think that if I get a wig, it may contain my daughter's hair!



Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. 
Psalm 62:8

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great Christine! You just might come into some curls or David says you might come back blonde!

    ReplyDelete