Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Good Session Today

Bryan 'reflecting' on my meds 


Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
...The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.
Psalms 34:8,15

Thank you for the prayers, today was much better than last week!

The nurse this time took over 30 minutes to infuse the steroids which are given to help block any reaction to the chemo. Then, she waited another 30 minutes before starting the chemo. I did not have a headache like last week, in fact, I barely had one at all and it went away fast. She said they must have given me the medicine too fast last time to cause a headache like that.

Then when my IV, which she put in my arm this time leaving my hand free (unlike last week,) started stinging and hurting she told me that sometimes it does that when the drip is too fast so she slowed the drip, which helped a lot. I did not have nausea and was even able to eat lunch without a problem!

I did start feeling a little nauseated by about 2:00 but I had remembered to bring my pills so she said it was okay to take one and I have not had any nausea since! Thank you, Lord!

Today's nurse was in another department as they were too backed up in the first one and sent me over there. I wish I could ask for this nurse every time! I guess I'm going to have to start being aggressive. Some of you may laugh because of my 'standing up for what I believe' has been known to 'ruffle feathers', but I really do not like confrontation and try to avoid it whenever possible. However, it may be time to tell them to slow down because I don't react well to a 'fast' infusion.

A good friend brought over a homemade rice and chicken dish that was delicious! We all loved it and the homemade bread that her daughter had made, too. That really hit the spot - especially with Caden! After we had our 'slice' he claimed the rest, drizzled it with honey then took it to his room to eat all by himself. I think he was making sure no one was going to ask for a bite! :) It's good to see him eating, he needs to gain a few pounds again.

Well, I took my pain meds for the first time tonight as apparently the chemo is what's causing my back spasms and pain that's keeping me from getting the sleep I need. And tonight will be round the clock nausea medicine to keep that at bay since Caden is doing better this week - he still is having symptoms, but it may be the antibiotics he's on, so please keep him in your prayers.

Will check in again soon and let you all know how I'm doing - if there are any other side effects. The next big thing is my port surgery on July 3rd followed by my third chemo treatment. Two down, fourteen to go!

2 comments:

  1. Nice photo and caption. You are a very clever Young Lady. I know it's not what you'd have rather done today but I enjoyed hangin with you. I too am prayin for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful that today was better. Yes, you will have to speak up and let them know what hurts and what doesn't. Sounds like those little pills will be your close friends and that's ok!

    ReplyDelete