Sunday, June 17, 2012

Am I Not Sending You?

If you have a moment, you should check out this blog: Heritage Creek. Debbie S. is a friend of mine and she wrote a powerful message that really spoke to me! 

My daughter and I
In this blog she talks about God sending Gideon on a mission that he feels totally inadequate for (see Judges 6.) God tells Gideon, "Go in the strength that you have..." But Gideon felt like he didn't have any strength. He responded by saying, "My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family."  I feel just like him because I'm a nobody, the least of His people, and I'm scared to go on this journey.

I don't have the strength to face cancer, I really don't! That's why I titled my blog 'With Strength' - not because I have it but I'm trying to 'gird' myself with it. I am encircling, surrounding, enclosing myself with the prayers of His people and the power of His word - trying to find the strength for what is ahead.

But then my friend mentions what else the Lord said to Gideon - "Am I not sending you?" and "I will be with you....." Wow, those are powerful words from the creator of everything. "Am I not sending you?" 

Would I rather Him be sending someone else? You betcha! Didn't I tell you I don't have any strength? I don't want anyone else to have this horrible disease, but I don't want it either! However, I am reminded of another passage of scripture:

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." 
 - Isaiah 41:10

With me, strengthen me, help me, uphold me. - What more can any of us ask for our journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment