Sunday, August 19, 2012

Donations

At least I have a nicely shaped head! : )

I've been in another 'chemo fog' for days now. It's finally lifted enough to where I think I can write coherently. We will see. 

My brother-in-law has set up an account for donations for anyone who feels led to help. I put the link in the right column of this page at the bottom of the 'About Me' section. But I'll also put it here: http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/7192

We have friends and family who are also planning fundraisers. I used to be very uncomfortable with the thought of having to take help from others, but now that I have cancer and the bills are rolling in I can't see any other way to pay them or to get through the weekly MD Anderson visits then to ask for help. As I said in the 'About Me' section, we were already near $10,000 in medical debt just from the kids medical bills before my cancer diagnosis in May. Now it's climbing rapidly, even with insurance!

It has made a big difference with the gas cards and parking money others have already generously given us. Parking at MD Anderson is $15 each visit and I go once weekly at the moment, plus it's a two hour drive to get there and we use half a tank of gas each week for the visit. 

But I don't want this blog to be about getting donations. That's why after today the link will only be at the bottom of the 'About Me' box. If you feel led to give, that's great!  If not, please don't! God will provide as He always has. Either way, please keep the prayers coming, that's what we need most of all - prayers of healing and provision! May God bless each of you very much!

Houston Skyline as we drive in to MD Anderson
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  
For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  
Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?   
Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?   
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, 
how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 
Matt. 7:7-11

3 comments:

  1. Please don't feel uncomfortable about asking for donations. It just gives others a chance to give, and people really want to help! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your treatment goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    I pray God will rain down provision for you - health restored, finances taken care of, and rest and peace for all of you.

    Praying always:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! What a great prayer for us! Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!

      Delete