Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weathering the Storm

I weathered the fever, although it was rough. I had fever for at least four days, it could have been longer but I didn't take my temperature the first couple days I started feeling bad so I don't know for sure if I had fever then. Probably I did, but at least it's over now.

I currently have more strength, thankfully, but still am weaker than I've been since starting any of my chemo treatments. They went ahead and gave me my second FAC just four days after my fever broke. No rest for the weary.

Enjoying the birds at MD Anderson before my second FAC
I also developed a strange set of blisters on my face just after the fever broke and they are taking forever to go away! I've never seen anything like them before and it's adding to the weirdness I see in the mirror - strange blisters, thinning eyebrows, eyelashes that are hardly there anymore and of course, no hair. Well, actually, there are a few wild hairs so that just adds to the freakish look I have going on now. 

But what does it all matter since I don't go anywhere. I'm avoiding crowds to try and keep from getting anything that will give me a fever again. But I avoided them the first time around and got fever anyway so we'll see how well it goes this time. I only have two more treatments to go, but it's going to take another eight weeks to get through it all! I am so ready to be done with this chemo! 

Pretty pigeon!

On the bright side, my hubby got some food today and we went to the park to eat it. We sat in the car with the windows down and enjoyed the cool spell we have going on right now. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, no one was nearby and the breeze was just right. Thank you, Lord, for this little respite in the midst of the madness that is chemo!


*        *        *

  Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? 
And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.   
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  
Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:29-31


3 comments:

  1. Praise God .We are so glad you haven't had fever this time .I'll call soon ...Prayers are coming your way...Love ya .Stay the course you have set and know we are all here for you .Gayle W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the weather:)

    You're in my prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful God gave you a little gift of rest and peace in the midst of your trial. Continued prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete