Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thinking on Good Things

My church family is taking real good care of me! This is more necessities and even some fun things from 'Just Us Girls'. Thanks so much!

Tomorrow is the last Taxol treatment. I have decided to 'think on good things' about starting the dreaded FAC chemotherapy next week. Here's a list of things to look forward to for the next three months:

5. No shaving my legs or underarms for three more months! Nice side effect. :)  

4. The end of my chemo rash! My hands and feet have gotten pretty bad and I'm so looking forward to them getting back to normal! No more itching or pain while wearing shoes, no more gasping in pain when warm water touches my hands, no more strange looks when people see the rash and think I've got something contagious! Yes!

3. The end of my weird spotty hair scalp. Even though I look bald in pictures, there is still a remnant of sporadic hair that is still growing, giving me a weird look up close. The FAC should take care of any hair that's left.

2. No more weekly visits! Yea! The FAC is so strong that it requires a three week 'rest' period before I get another dose. So, even though this chemotherapy will last three months altogether, I will receive only four treatments and rest in between. Not having to drive to Houston every week will be a blessing and save gas money and mileage on our car!

1. This is the last of the chemo! Big Yea! 

A friend posted something that reminded me of what the bible says: 

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Cor. 12:9-10

If my heart is weakened because of the FAC then it is for His glory, "for when I am weak, then I am strong." His strength will be made perfect in my weakness. I am still praying my heart will be ok and I ask for you to continue to pray for the same, but if He sees fit now or in the future to allow my heart to be weakened, then I will try to continue in His will and let His strength be seen through me. But I also have one more verse I read recently that I really, really like:

"Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,

All you who hope in the Lord."
Psalms 31:24

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see your strength in looking at the brighter side ( even FINDING the bright side ) of all this pretty rough stuff. You are as always a breath of fresh air to me. Thanks for sticking with me. Love you, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing truer than this scripture. He can only be strong when we are made weak! How blessed you are! Still keeping you in prayer.
    Cam Anderson
    growing-in-truth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete