Thursday, September 20, 2012

First F.A.C.

I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging since my cancer diagnosis - 16 days.

Me receiving the 'Red Devil' - Adriamycin
I had my first FAC chemo on Sept. 12th. It seemed to go okay while I was at the infusion center. The next day and a half I didn't feel too different than what I did with the Taxol chemo. 

But on the latter half of the second day I started getting very fatigued. I started dozing on the couch, then I would get up to nap in the recliner, then the chemo fog came back and was thick so I finally went to bed at 8:30 pm, and that's the way it went for the next several days. 

On the following Tuesday I felt like I was coming out of it some, but it came back the next day and I developed sinus problems along with a cough. Thankfully, the allergy meds I'm allowed to take took care of that problem.

Breast Center Lobby Area
I know I am more fatigued now that at any time before. I went out to check the mail yesterday and almost regretted it on the way back. I couldn't believe I could feel that weak so quickly!

Thank God, He saw me safely back to the house where I crashed in a chair for awhile feeling weak and shaky. 

Today I am still fighting fatigue, but I feel a bit more clear-headed than I have in some time. We will see how I do after today and until the next treatment. 

Hopefully, I will have the strength to blog about it before the next visit!





3 comments:

  1. Just blog when you can. You can always double up when your feeling better. Most important is you and to conserve your strength. Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis just wanted to say that I'm praying for you! Remember God says that all things work together for good!! use what happened to you to reach others who may have never heard about Jesus God has a way of using things to get others to acknowledge him so that he may meet their needs whatever they may be !! Love you Chris and may God Bless You and Your Family


    your Brother
    Jacob L. Park Sr

    ReplyDelete