Thursday, February 27, 2014

Happy 50th & 1st Birthday!

I was running a fever of 102!
Last year, on this very day, I completed the final course of treatment for my cancer and rang the bell at the radiation department at MD Anderson. 

I had survived three months of Paclitaxel chemotherapy followed by three more months of Fluorouracil, Adriamycin, and Cyclophosphamide combination chemo, then surgery and 25 fractions of radiation therapy.

Ahhhh.  Back when I was tiny!

Today is one year later and I am turning 50. But it is also my 1st birthday - of one full year of living past cancer treatments. According to my oncologist I am on a five-year plan - if I can remain cancer free for four more years I'll be considered a survivor.

So not only is it my milestone birthday, the big 5-0, it is also my 1st birthday as I begin to start counting again. I had thought I would feel old when I reached a half-century of living but I actually feel younger than I have in years. Happy 1st birthday to me!


What a great birthday gift. Thank you, Jesus!

Me and my Hubby after my 'All's Good For Now' diagnosis at MD Anderson yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I just feel utter joy for you and your family! Many blessings to you Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed spending the day with you, My Love. As every day! Thanks for posting the new updates.

    ReplyDelete